Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Title Fail!

    Heh, so the earlier post was a wee bit odd. I started writing about what new is going on in mah life and I felt inspired and scribbled that, and then forgot to change the title. Okay, we'll start out with RL and then move to the gaming/book world.

    So I'm almost done with insulating my g-ma's roof. Only got 6 rolls left to put out, but I got the far eves on both sides of the house. That was (I believe) the worst part, I spent most of the time crawling around in a position something like a pushup stalled halfway between ground and fully extended, while rolling out insulation in a hot attic. The rest of it should go very smooth.

    I also recently moved in with my bro and another guy in a itty bitty cottage, I'll try to get some pics of it or something soon, quite cramped. But it's awesome! Constantly seeing people, hanging out and such, except when the guy's kitten decided my net was a comfortable place to sleep....I swear, cats all want to kill me in my sleep! Oh, and losing space and having to use a cottage involved me shrinking down to one monitor. ;_;

    Well that's about it for the important stuff, so now on to the non-important fun stuff! First for books! I finished The Gardens of the Moon (Malazan Book of the Fallen, Vol.1) and am currently working on Deadhouse Gates (Malazan Book of the Fallen, Vol.2). Man, these are good books! If you're a fan of broad, epic tales these are books for you! Parts of it can be a little raunchy, but he does a very good job describing them as *bad*. Very good, very epic, highly worthy of a read if you have the time.

   Oh! And for all my FF:T fans out there, remember the crappy translation it had? Not all the time, but certain parts were just *horrid*. Well the PSP version fixes that! I'm borrowing a friend's PSP and FF:T and am loving it, really fun.

    Last and probably not quite least: WoW! Currently I'm working on a human warlock named Prt (I meant to be trying Port, but screwed up and it gave me the name, didn't feel like redesigning the character just 'cause of a pseudo-crappy name). So far I'm enjoying it, we'll see as I level up more, but at least at the moment it's fun.

    I'm also kinda still playing my DK over on trollbane to harass Suv with, but I've mostly gone over to just playing on Anvilmar. There's a lot to be said for playing on the same server as the people you house with (and around). So if you're kickin' around feel free to stop over on Anvilmar and say hi to Prt (or Udacha the DK that exists to give Prt her bags).

~ish/joe

No comments: