Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Entitlement

    Woo! So I randomly actually looked at the blog/twitter thing for a comic I read and he mentioned a blog post on entitlement. This somewhat intrigued me as I really didn't have a clue what he was talking about. I mean, entitlement? Just didn't clue in at all.

    ( http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/05/entitlement-issues.html (go read it and come back(really(this is a nesting joke none of you are going to get))))

    Then I went and read the article, very nicely done. I will worn anyone who goes to read it that he does say b**** (twice I believe), but he uses it in a fairly accurate way. He's talking about how people expect people artists to produce their books of a superb quality while maintaining a schedule that fits the reader. Much like a dog breeder expects his, ahem, female-dogs-of-a-breedable-age to produce litters of puppies on a schedule that suits him.

    Anyways, on less breed-ish terms I made level 71 on my DK yesterday. Managed to finish the rest of the gnome quests in the borean tundra as well, which just leaves DEHTA and one short group over around a quarry south of Amber Something iirc. But it's been a few months since I've done the Borean, so I dunno. After that I figure I'll head over to the Howling Fjord before I go to the dragonblight. Oh, and this is all on Trollbane, some loser named Suvon made me roll toons over there.

    In other news....Hmm, I need to post about my newly developed housing situation, but I am at work now, and I should probably, you know, work! Later ya'll.

~joe(ish/vish)

1 comment:

audrey said...

I loved that article. I don't think I've ever even heard of the guy but that was awesome!