Monday, January 19, 2009

Caaaaaaaaaash

   So here's a quick heads up on mah cash situation. I decided I wanted to try to be a little bit more business like about how I deal with my money in game. Not that I want to be like Ebenezer and hate people without it, but just not as wasteful in the spending, and more productive smarter in the making of it. 

    To that end I started liquidating my unused items via the AH (Auction House), this put me up to about 3.6k gold. I decided to make an investment and try to actively make money. I bought 218 eternal earths for ~ 6.25G each and made them into rings to disenchant. This made roughly 287 infinite dust, 29 GCE, and 5 shards.

Here's the outcome:
Investment:
Roughly 1362.5G (I need to keep better track next time)
Base Product:
109 Stoneguard Bands (got a guildie to make them and forced him to take 50G for the work)
Manufactured Product:
287 Infinite Dust
29 Greater Cosmic Essence
5 Dream Shard (Which I kept)
Outcome:
287 * 4.5G each = 1291.5G
29 * 25G each = 725G
Total = 2016.5G
Return On Investment:
1.43 (Total result / (investment + processing cost))

    Now I realize that I used decimals so you might be tempted to think those numbers are exact, but they're not. I basically bought all the eternal earths on the market that were

    So I made ~600G in about half an hour, the selling took longer, but I usually just count the time actively spent making it.

    I plan on trying to find some other stuff that's cheaply made and resold, but atm enchanting is my on high level skill, so we'll work with that. Further reports on a later time!

~ish/joe

3 comments:

audrey said...

What would be really cool is to learn how to do that in RL

Anonymous said...

I've started reading the Greedy Goblin as well lately lol

It was nice to seeya stop by this week! I'll be on Caitidid quite a lot this sat/sun and possibly on my DK Starbuk.

/wave

Markco said...

If you need more help making gold in game please check out my free blog: Just My Two Copper as well as my free youtube videos under the name foldberg2.

Hope that helps,

Gold Master Markco