Friday, January 16, 2009

What fun!

    Okay, so classes started this week, and I forced myself to be there on time, and even had the book for most of the classes. Of course I did check with the professors first, but I usually just wait. 

    Soooo, last semester I disliked the vast majority of my classes. A fair amount of that had to do with the teachers, but the classes themselves just weren't interesting/challenging. I mean I did have some good moments in Intro to the Internet (which surprised me) while doing some of the html assignments. And intro to databasing was more interesting than it sounds, but the others were mostly a drag.

    Here's a recount of school for this semester:
Programming Fundamentals 2 (3 hours, intro to C++): Awesome teacher and interesting class =D
Intro To Web Programming (3 hours, javascripting): Awesome teacher (same as the last one) and a fun class with a co-worker as a fellow student =D
Internship (4 hours, aka work): What? You're paying me to go to get credits? FTW!
Advanced Database (3 hours, online, mostly using Access): Nice teacher who, while having deadlines when stuff must be done, will let us work as far ahead as we want. Including letting us take the final when we want. Can we say finishing mid Feb?
Network Security (3 hours, 1730-2145 Wed): Fairly fun class, read the chapter before class, he talks for ~1-2 hours about said chapter, you labs, you go home. Grade is completely made up of three test OR you pass the compTIA Security+ cert and get an A, regardless of scores. Can we say hopefullyfinishingbeforeApril?
System Analysis And Design (3 hours, mainly project management, 1800-2100 Thu): Odd teacher, but he does seem like he honestly wants to get us all jobs before we finish the semester. Not at his place exactly, but through class projects hook us up with local companies. 

    That's most of what I'll be up to besides work, which happens 7-11 M-Th and 700-1330 Fri. Except when I go in for extra, or tell them ahead of time and do something else. Mainly I just need to do 20+ hours a week. I'm aiming for a solid 24/wk with bumps upwards as time goes on and I get more acclimated to school/work. Or get more poor.

    Now that the real world is accounted for we move on to a recount of the WoW stuff:
Vishni (66 Shaman): Currently enhance spec, but planning on moving to elemental come 80. Currently moving along nicely towards 80, hopefully get into Northrend sometime this weekend.
Ishvi (80 Paladin): Ishvi is very strongly holy atm, but the last two raids I've logged on around had WAY to many healers, so he may see some ret action depending on how long it takes Vish to get up to 80. Hopefully she'll be my dps toon and Ish will stay heals until he can dual spec tank/heals.
To all my other characters: Look forward to being bank alts for a very, very long time.

    I think that about wraps it up. So I'll be talkin' to ya'll later. =D

~joe/ish

p.s. See! I can write short posts!