Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What fun!

     Shocker! I actually have something worth posting about! So I was idling around last night, kinda putting off schoolwork and working on the latest pre-WotLK event when the cry went up for Kara people, and it looked like they might be a tad short. Plus one of the two people who really wanted to get their dps toons into kara pre-xpack would have to switch out to the their tanking mains to do anything. So I offered to tank it, after all it's quite enjoyable and I'd have a shot at the axe from the event boss.

     So this is where stuff starts to get crazy, Fal starts throughing out invites and getting people organized. Shortly we had nine people standing outside Kara ready to go in, and Fal did something monumentally nuts, he passed me raid leader. Apparently neither him or Blu wanted to play raid leader so they let/made me take a shot at it. Craziness! So with nine absolutely craz...err, wonderful people and a promise of a 10th we headed on in.

     We dropped Attumen without a hint of a problem, bam dead.  The 10th chick joined us and off we went to Moroes. Moroes fell with only one death, but it was only Blu so no one worried and we moved to Maiden. 

     Here I took a back seat for a bit, you see last time I had been here with Elysse she had tried to tank it and things had sadly not gone so well. So I threw on healing gear to let her have some revenge. I honestly with I hadn't switched to my healing gear, it was a complete waste of time, Maiden died in 1min and 2sec, without a single death and only one repentence. So we marched on to Opera and smashed the Big Bad Wolf in 1min 6sec and still deathless. Our healers were awesome.

     So on we moved to upper Kara, deciding to save the event boss for later. So we slapped around Curator, and guess what? Still no deaths! So we moved on to Illhoof, we didn't have a warlock but we decided it wouldn't be a big deal...and it wasn't! Down Illhoof went, and on we moved to Shade. Here we switched out Minn (who had to go) with Windstar (who had just logged on). We did Shade the good old fashion way, standing in the room with him, and off'd him without any real trouble, though I did do a horrid job of picking up elementals.

     This left Chess (which we downed on the first go) and Prince, who also died without a hitch. And last we dropped Blu and our Lovely mage Zaanah as they both had work the next morning, which let Janelle and Papersmith come in for the event boss and Netherspite. The silly event boss died easily enough, though it was pretty wierd kiting it, the bugger didn't like to follow straight lines.

     To finish off the evening we popped over to Netherspite...which I didn't explain very well. And as a result of the bad explanation on my part we had a little bit of difficulty (the boss healed back up to full after the first banish faze), but ultimately it died, yielding some nice loots for people.

     Now for the really good part? My first time leading a raid (though people were helpful and constantly giving advice and telling how stuff should be done) and we didn't wipe once. In fact we had four people who never died at all. One of whom was the main healer and there the entire fight! Cudos to the healers and dps!

     Oh, and of course the wacky story of the evening...Blu accidently threw a steady shot into a group of elites between Moroes and Maiden...which we downed easily.

     Welp, that's about it, so I'm gonna go do homework. Hopefully everyone else had as much fun as I did.

~joe(ishvi)

2 comments:

Fal's Folies said...

Its was fun and you did a fine job Ish

M&M Computer Repair said...

Good times were had by all!

Yes, our healers r insanely great!

You did a fine job & I was SO glad to get a shot at that big ugly slut AKA Maiden! That's the second time I've downed & it's still sweet!

Thank Ish! :)