Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wooo! Wooo! Chugga-chugga chugga-chugga

Welpers, that time of year my friends. I'll start my last final in two hours and head to NM shortly after that, which means a couple things.

NM of courses is where my mom resides, and where she is also graduating with her bachelors! Woooo! Oh, AND she's turning 50! The fact that she's lasted this long with the four sons God gave her is an acomplishment in and of itself.

Thing number one: I'll be driving for 10-12 hours straight (my pitch hitter for driving broke is foot and hasn't acted right so it's not healed yet, and people with moonboots don't drive cars). This means I'll be getting tired.

Thing number two: It's holiday season, and I'll be on the road with a LOT of other people, who will also be getting tired.




So, what do these two things entail? Welp, one I may be out of pocket due to a lack of places to plug Katherine in at, and two I have prayer requests! (who guessed it!)




Okay, prayer point number one: That I'll be safe on the road. I have a tendency to get a lead foot, especially on long drives, I really want to make this one without a speeding ticket. I also really want to make it there without injurying myself or anyone else. So a prayer for safety would be greatly appreciated.

Point number two: That I will be refreshed. I really don't want to arrive there and be to tired to do anything, or so grouchy no one wants to do anything with me.

Point number three: That I would find a way to serve, and do it. So often people go on vacations and do nothing. They just sit around and are waited on hand and foot, I'm as guilty as others, but it's so much more fun when you can find something to do, and do it. Every day. God called us to be servants, and I believe one of the major causes of discontent is when people don't willingly serve others. But that's another blog entirely.

Point number four: Everything previously listed, and harmony, for my brother riding with me. Growing up we fought like cats and dogs...Hmm, can't think of anything that fought as bad as we did. It wasn't uncommon for us to have to be pulled apart before we physically hurt each other. We've gotten much closer as time has passed, but there is always room to grow closer. Especially when in the car for 10+ hours.

Point number five: It is a vacation and I pray that I'll be refreshed. I'm coming back, unpacking, going to bed, and then getting up for a 12 the next day, so I really want to be refreshed.




Well, I think that about covers it, if you get a chance to pray for me I'll appreciate it.

No comments: