Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's that time...

So it's getting to be that time of the year again... Holidays and winter break. So many good things, so many bad things, and so much white space.

What do I mean by this? Well, I love Thanksgiving, it is quite probably one of my favorite holidays of the year. It combines getting together with people, cooking, eating, and thanking God. I mean really, how much better can it get?

Semi-sadly I'll be working 7a-7p this one though. Not horridly sad because I'm doing it for a good cause and I really do love my coworkers. Plus the majority of the family I love and want to spend time with is in NM and lots of people I don't know are coming over. You know the "weird" ones.

But winter break is coming! 18hrs of school grinds exceedingly thin and I sooo looking forward to my break. Even if it does mean I have to put up with bloody Christmas music.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jesus, I'm glad he was born, and I love lots of the hymns and praise music regarding the event. But I really, really, really, really, really, really hate anything related to: snowman, reindeer, sleighs, caroling, and all other stuff like that.

Oh, and if I manage to get this internship I'm applying for I'll only be one class short of graduation and it's possible I might be able to prove myself good enough with C++ to skip that class and just sub something else in, thus graduating in the summer and making live much easier on me.

WoW related content:

On a happier note I know I'll be able to hit 80 over the break. Lots of great people have written blogs about how leveling to 80 is not a race. And I agree to that to some extent... But I'm the sort of person that when climbing a mountain wants to be on top first. This may be e-peen (whatever that means) of me, but it's my personality. I like racing, even if it's against myself.

Now does this mean I'm gonna be mad if sixteen people make it to 80 before me? Heck no! Grats to them! I'm already behind two people in my guild in actual exp, and many more in trade skills (the big 2B made 410 on engineering before I managed to crack 390 on mining). I'm thrilled to see people make progress, even if I don't get there as fast, or ever.

Oh, and while everybody else has said it I feel the need to as well... I love you Blizz, WotLK all I expected and more. The quests are more interactive, the lore is just as cool, and my armor doesn't make me want to use the belly cam to avoid looking at it.

Welp, I'm off to finish making myself sound like the world's coolest intern so someone will hire me. Talk to ya'll later.

~joe(ishvi)

p.s. If I come across as overly competitive sometimes that's just me being overly excited. Tell me to calm down and go away and I usually will.

p.p.s. I'm better at pool than some other people

No comments: