Tuesday, July 28, 2009

God is Good.

    Today has been an excellent day, from the start to now I think I have enjoyed it very much, and would only change one or two things (I could have started it better). However, despite me getting out of bed on the wrong foot God worked His goodness and now, after 21 years and one very exciting day, I can happily inform you that I, Joseph W, have a girlfriend (sort of).

    I say sort of because really we're courting, not dating, so I'm not sure the exact term, but the end result is more or less the same. So you might ask, what's the difference between courting and dating?

    As best I can describe it is that in courting the main focus is on marriage. Not that people don't date with marriage in mind, but with courting the entire point is to be married. It also advances somewhat slower than dating. IE: We're not going to go all love-y dove-y on each other, then find out we have completely different ideas on how to raise kids, and end up just hurting each other.

    Also in courting there's a lot more accountability involved as compared to most dating. What does that mean exactly? Not exactly sure, except that both of us are very committed to being pure, and we both recognize that without watching ourselves closely (and getting others to watch) it's far to easy to slip up and possibly ruin the relationship.

    Well, that's about it for tonight, so you people have a wonderful evening.

~Joseph W.

1 comment:

Rusty said...

Wooot! Gratz man!